Friday 1 April 2011

That dumb referendum

I seem to be drifting towards a 'no' vote in the AV referendum. It seems a waste of time, and would not improve anything. I can see how it would help Labour and the Lib Dems to snuggle up for the foreseeable on the sofa of government, but that's not much of a selling point. I don't see how it would help smaller parties, except the Greens - again, not a great benefit. I don't think it will do much to help UKIP or my own dear party, the microscopic Libertarians. I could abstain, which gives a small measure of pleasure, knowing, as I do, how the politicians hate to be ignored, but that's rather an empty feeling.

If anyone has any strong views, you're welcome to try and persuade me...

4 comments:

Longrider said...

So that's another meh, then? Join the club.

Trooper Thompson said...

I'm actually now moving towards not voting at all. The more I think about it, the angrier I become that they would waste our time and money on such stupidity.

FrankC said...

If the luvvies are for it, (as per targetted letter campaign) then I'm agin it.

Trooper Thompson said...

FC,

think yourself lucky, I've not received any information.