Sunday 31 July 2011

Boden: I have a theory

Johnny Boden, well-healed chum of our potato-headed premier and mail order boss, has launched his expansion into France with an interview slagging off the country and its fair maidens. Not sure that's a good idea, but what do I know about marketing? The Telegraph tells us:
Boden, the successful mail order company that the Eton-educated entrepreneur founded in 1991, will launch a catalogue in France later this month. However in a magazine interview yesterday Mr Boden said that he associates Paris with “stroppy” women and described the South of France as “grim”, comments that may not endear him to his new target audience. Describing the French, Mr Boden said: “I always come back from Paris and say to my wife ‘God, they never smile at me!’ It’s hard work. I try to flirt with them but they’re not having it".
Johnny, maybe it's you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's been my experience that the better looking they are, the more 'stroppy' they can be. They know this.